Finished at last!

Finished at last!
The whole team plus Paul who had just walked it in 66 days!

White Horse Riders

White Horse Riders
John O'Groats here we come!

Monday 1 February 2010

The knees know it!

Despite good intentions, life got in the way a little and I wasn't able to get out on the bike until Sunday 31st Jan. Never mind, I say. I had intended twice a week to start and so I am still on target. Planned an afternoon ride with a friend but friend got waylayed. So I piled Finn and the bike in the car and drove down to the Down's Link on my own. Sunday afternoon on the Link is just a circus! People and dogs, people and bikes, people and kids and people with dogs, bikes AND kids. Oh, and a handful of horses and riders to boot. Still we pootled on and made it to Partridge Green and back, a distance of over 12km in an hour and ten mins. Finn is noticeably tired after a week or so of running with John and accompanying me on my rides. John swears Finn watches him get ready to go out and breathes a sigh of relief when he spots walking boots and not trainers being put on!
I was pretty pleased with todays efforts and burned something like 700 calories. Made me want to head straight back for a doughnut but as we hadn't any I resisted.
Monday morning I went out again. It would be better to have a couple of days between each session but I am a bit busy early part of the week so thought I'd get ahead of myself. I cycled from home to West Grinstead, again along the Down's Link. It was a fabulously sunny frosty morning. Saw the fox hounds up at the kennels. Met a gorgeous humungous Great Dane. All in all a pleasant ride although my knees know that they have had unaccumstomed exercise. They are a bit achey and most definitely creaky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment