Finished at last!

Finished at last!
The whole team plus Paul who had just walked it in 66 days!

White Horse Riders

White Horse Riders
John O'Groats here we come!

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Back from Glasto...

Here I am, back from a weeks worth of chant, ritual, meditation and good food!  Met lots of lovely like-minded people (or hippies as James would say!) and had an altogether all together week.  And speaking of James I would like to pass on the joyful news that the lovely Cathy gave birth to their daughter Keira Maya on May Day morn! Fantastic - the world needs more girls. And judging from the photo's she is a beauty. I hope to get to Scotland to meet her in person before too long.
So, back to the blog in hand. I was feeling well up for a ride yesterday, as you can imagine, after more than a week off the saddle. I am also into my second week of not smoking (going ok thanks!). I don't know whether it is that. Or the fact that John made me ride up Newells Lane first off....whatever, I was pretty breathless for the whole ride. Felt very tight chested and can only think my lungs are in a bit of shock. Hopefully this will ease as time goes by.
Got the timing wrong on the gearing AGAIN and the chain came off AGAIN. Coach lost his cool (with the chain, not me, apparently!) and bike ended up in the hedge. Oh dear! Don't get this road rage in Glasto! Talking of road rage, some idiot driver overtook me closely and at speed in a built up area and then was forced to stop abruptly for a parked car. I only just missed going in to the back of him. Can appreciate now how Trusty nearly met his end with that truck!
Anyway, all cool was finally recovered and we went on to enjoy the lovely day and  the beautiful Downs. Although I was still breathless when we got home it was a grand ride. Had my new computer on the bike, new bottle rack, lights and pump. Covered 26 miles in a tad over two hours which is fine.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jackie, great to have you back in Maplehurst and well done for first ride out - I understand I'll see you tomorrow for morning jaunt!? Well done on the not smoking thing too...keep up the good work ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you? If you are Alex, Beth or John then yes I will see you tommoro morning. And thanks for the non-smoking support, muchly appreciated!x

    ReplyDelete