Finished at last!

Finished at last!
The whole team plus Paul who had just walked it in 66 days!

White Horse Riders

White Horse Riders
John O'Groats here we come!

Friday 14 May 2010

R & R

For Recovering and Recovery. Considering we climbed 2,500ft yesterday on our ride my legs feel alright today. So good that I finally listened to coachly advice to go for a 'recovery ride'. It doesn't make sense to my novice brain that to recover from a ride one ought to go and ride. Is it a bit like the 'hair of the dog' after a heavy night on the booze? Or some kind of homeopathic approach? Whichever, I did go and spin the legs for a few miles. Nothing hectic but I did it and apparently it'll pay dividends in the long term.
That was after taking Finn and Lady Boudicea for a mammoth walk today. Beautiful day so decided to explore the area above the woods in Southwater where we go. Discovered miles and miles of woodland I knew nothing about. Which is a disgrace considering I have been walking there for 12 years! But very exciting too and I look forward to many a happy hour getting lost from now on.
Yesterday afternoon Alex, John and I met Trusty down in Worthing at his favourite cycle shop. We spent a merry hour trying on cycling gear and gasping at the price tags. I came away with a nice pair of capri trousers, gel gloves and a fabbo new helmet. My last helmet has served well over 15 years but technology has moved on and the new one is great.
Alex just called in on his way back from his ride and looks so stylish. New tri bars, everything black and red and cool looking. It is rubbing off as I had a tantrum in the shop when John wanted me to buy yet another bright yellow hi-vis monstrosity of a jacket.' NOOOO!  I want to look like Alex! He can be seen in his bright redness..all you guys wear bright red. Why do I have to look like a demented traffic warden?' Oh dear, vanity entering the door! Anyway, didn't buy the jacket. But also didn't get anything cool and red either!k Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment