Finished at last!

Finished at last!
The whole team plus Paul who had just walked it in 66 days!

White Horse Riders

White Horse Riders
John O'Groats here we come!

Saturday 26 June 2010

Just Give.....please!

Well, FINALLY! I am finally getting to spend some time setting up the sponsorship link for this mad cycle trip! Beth and I are hoping to raise money for our respective charity choices. Beth has chosen to ride for the Altzheimers Society. A most worthy cause and one pretty close to my own heart as I used to work on a unit for people with this devastating condition. A link to Beth's 'just giving' page can be found by following the link below here somewhere to her blog. Please give what you can.
I am aiming to raise money for the Mountain Rescue Team in Snowdonia National Park. At first glance, not an obvious choice I guess. But, as many of you know, Chris and his friend Rob were air lifted off the mountain last August. I can't begin to describe the emotions we went through in the time between hearing that he was up a mountain in bad weather conditions with no idea how to get down and an hour later when the MRT told us they were back to safety, lessons learned hopefully. We found out that it costs a couple of thousand pounds to scramble the helicopter each time and, of course, the team are all volunteers and therefore unpaid.
When I decided to take on the challenge of cycling 1000miles over two weeks lots of people asked which charity I was doing it for. Well, my initial motivation was to do it for my 50th year celebration! But if I can raise some amount to pay back in some way the peace of mind the Mountain Rescue Team gave me then I will be a very happy 50 year old. So please give what you can via the 'just giving' link. It might just help the next person stuck between a rock and a high place!
Try here...... www.justgiving.com/le-jog-blog

No comments:

Post a Comment