Finished at last!

Finished at last!
The whole team plus Paul who had just walked it in 66 days!

White Horse Riders

White Horse Riders
John O'Groats here we come!

Sunday 22 August 2010

Messy tapering!

It's Sunday now and I am back in Essex. Tapering has been a hit and miss affair so far! I got back from Essex on Thurs, picked my bike up from it's service and John and I cycled for 2hrs on Friday. John's bike was in the workshop so, bless him, he came out on his mountain bike! I did try and persuade him to stay at home but there is no stopping him once he makes his mind up. The saddle was set a bit too low for him after our trip on the Downs Link a few weeks back. So he ended up with sore quads! Yesterday was Saturday and I went out for a recovery ride of an hour. Got rained on a bit but my new jacket is wonderfully waterproof. Left with an incredibly aching back and I suspect the cycle shop did not put my saddle back in the same place. So we will have to try and adjust it next time we're out. And I am dosed up with heavy painkillers....which kind of goes against my beliefs and training but, hey, I have 1000miles to cycle in less than a fortnight! Got to do something.
Came back to Essex as brother-in-law not so well. So do send lots of happy thoughts and love his way, would you? Thanks, it really does help.
Beth seems to be having a lovely time in the Californian sunshine riding retro bikes..no doubt to background music by the Beach Boys! I expect she is not missing our fine English drizzle one tiny iota!

No comments:

Post a Comment