Finished at last!

Finished at last!
The whole team plus Paul who had just walked it in 66 days!

White Horse Riders

White Horse Riders
John O'Groats here we come!

Thursday 12 August 2010

Peak patience

So following our mammoth rides I managed an hours recovery ride the next day and am even seeing the benefit in doing them. It does loosen the legs for the next proper ride...
Wish they could loosen my crunchy left hip! It has been a bit noisy since our big rides and gave me discomfort out on our two and a half hours today. Just John and I out today as Beth did her own ride and Alex was out with his personal trainer Eric. I have decided that having an Ironman as a coach is not necessarily a good thing. Or it is, depending on how you look at it. Because unless I have actually got a broken leg or a severe concussion there are no excuses! John has probably been through more pain and still made it to the finish line than I will ever put myself through. So, no sympathy when I whinge. Not even an acknowledgement most of the time! Just an 'isn't it a lovely day?' from him is all I can expect!
So my hip and sciatic pain made it round 26 miles or so of beautiful Sussex countryside! Leaving one day to recover before we do another64m back to backs. That, I believe, completes our big training and leaves only the taper to go. And Beth is off for a lovely break in California before we head off on our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment