Finished at last!

Finished at last!
The whole team plus Paul who had just walked it in 66 days!

White Horse Riders

White Horse Riders
John O'Groats here we come!

Saturday 3 April 2010

Back in the saddle and loving it!

It's been over a week since my last ride in sunny Spain due to cough/cold/chest thing. So it was with some trepidation that I set off this morning to see how it feels in the cold and wet of a typical UK Easter Saturday. Luckily for me, PHD and John didn't go out for their huge ride today so John incorporated me into the last leg of his ride. And it was great to be out! Help, I am starting to sound like a cyclist.
We did 10 miles easy enough terrain. And I have to say that the hills we encountered held no terror for me after the Spanish upflats! I may even be ready to tackle Bourne Hill soon.
Trying to get the hang of cycling etiquette when in front and pointing out upcoming potholes. This involves taking my hands off the handlebars (always a hazardous manoeuvre in my case) and ...well...pointing to the pothole! Hah, written down it doesn't sound that difficult. But currently for me it's like when you first learn to drive. Not enough limbs to do everything that needs to be done. Always something to learn with this cycling marlarky.
So now I hope to join the gang on Monday and do our first ride out as a group. Looking forward to this.
Now, a couple of people have said they are having problems posting comments on this blog. Thank goodness for that! I was beginning to think I was alone out here in the blogosphere! What works for me is to click on the comments bit, write a comment in the box then select from the drop down box 'anonymous'. Then publish comment. That should do it. If it doesn't please email me on jackiepattison@hotmail.com and I'll see what else I can do. It would be good to hear from someone out there sometime!
Popped into the Vortex for a swift half last night (yeah, right) and it's amazing how the chat is all about cycling! It's like a Tour de France bar! Simon is very good at tolerating it but he may soon become known as Long Suffering Simon. Beth and I beginning to turn our attention to cycling wear. Well, can't let the eternally stylish Alex-across-the-road outshine us, can we?
Eldest son is home for the day and has just booked his flight to US in June. He has the intention of cycling across America over the summer. Obviously it's a family thing. Speaking of eldest son..I must mention soon my sponsor plans. They are directly related to him (no, I am not raising money to send him across America!). Rather they involve a long and sorry tale involving camping in Wales, Mount Snowdon, air rescue team and the like. Luckily it had a happy ending. But will save that for another post. Watch this space, as they say.

2 comments:

  1. hello!

    hopefully this comment will work...

    did you ever figure out which air rescue team it was? i'll be round tomorrow afternoon to sort out some bike stuff and and collect those waterproof trousers.

    i won't write any more because this may not work like last time!

    chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will look into it...it was probably the first one we looked at, with the stats. See you tommoro!

    ReplyDelete