Finished at last!

Finished at last!
The whole team plus Paul who had just walked it in 66 days!

White Horse Riders

White Horse Riders
John O'Groats here we come!

Thursday 1 April 2010

There are 20 more miles in them thar quads!

I cannot believe that me, a typically lazy Leo (we were born to sit in the sun and sleep!) went out again today!! Woke up with slightly tired quads but the knowledge that those hills are there to be killed. We rode up to Tocon again – it feels very familiar now. Which is a good thing in a way. I know when to expect the upflats but then I can really enjoy anticipating the down hill sections. Actually, in all honesty (and displaying the symptoms of addiction that PHD warned about), I kind of enjoyed the whole thing today! Ssh! Don’t tell Coach Pattison. It was very satisfying to get over my natural disinclination to go out at all on tired legs. And knowing I’d done all of the route before meant I knew I could do it again.
Had another chain-off event...almost at the same spot as before. I think I get in a bit of a tizz about the hill looming ahead and become a bit enthusiastic with the gear changes! John tells me next time I put the chain back on myself. Harsh, Coach, harsh!
So, another 20 miler! Yaaaay!
I am confidently expecting a day off tommoro but then experience tells me to expect nada!

No comments:

Post a Comment