Finished at last!

Finished at last!
The whole team plus Paul who had just walked it in 66 days!

White Horse Riders

White Horse Riders
John O'Groats here we come!

Monday 19 April 2010

Girls and Boy Went Out to Play!

Yesterday saw another fab day of sunshine and I had arranged to go for a ride with Agent Alex in the afternoon. Beth wasn't sure if she would make it as the pub was busy at lunchtime and she thought she might be brewing a sore throat. Alex and I really impressed Trusty and Coach (sound like a comedy act, right?) who had just arrived back from LeMans. We were all geared up ready to go and I called next door to see if Beth was coming out to play. She hadn't really thought she would but didn't take a lot of persuading to go from this:


To this:

And unbeknownst (if there is such a word) to us Trusty and Coach drove ahead of us and sneakily took photos - I hope they weren't just checking up on us? So this is what we look like from behind! Well it would except I can't work out how to post it on here and rotate it. I don't want you to think we cycle vertically so I will add it another time when I have it sussed!
The ride was lovely though I am struggling more than my team mates with the hills. Still chesty after the cough thing but getting there. Luckily I have patient pals and I do speed up a bit on the flat! Alex nearly ran over a baby rabbit which was about the most dangerous part of the ride.
We covered 19miles in just over an hour and a half at a speed of 12.1miles per hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment