Finished at last!

Finished at last!
The whole team plus Paul who had just walked it in 66 days!

White Horse Riders

White Horse Riders
John O'Groats here we come!

Thursday 29 April 2010

Lumpy tyres and sprung forks

As my bike went into the workshop today for some fine tuning I had to go out on the trusty old mountain bike. Wow, what a difference now I am used to the road bike. Don't know how you do it Ion! It, and I, felt very sluggish mostly due to the bad nights sleep I had and the sore neck I woke up with. So it was just a token ride really. Just to say I got out on the bike. The Downs Link is looking gorgeously green since the last time I went in that direction.
That's me done with cycling for a week or so as I am off to Glastonbury tommoro. What a shame the weather seems to be turning. Never mind, it will still be a magical week, I'm sure. Think of me up a Tor at dawn on 1st welcoming in Beltane! Will miss our rides out and hopefully will come back full of vim and vigour ready to face the next stage of training.

3 comments:

  1. Ohmmmmm...hope Glastonbury is fun! I cycled today finally! Was great really apart from the cold and the fact that Central London isn't really the most enjoyable bike ride :(
    I'm a bit disappointed you didn't take your bike with you, although it's probably about time you had some days off of the saddle. lol.

    Hope you're having fun,

    Love Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellloooo!
    Taken me a while but I'm finally here, leaving my comment of congratulations for all the hard cycling you've been doing! Show Buns how it's done will you? He's been very slack lately. Hope Glastonbury was as magical as hoped!
    Roxanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie, hope you had a great time in Glastonbury...feeling relaxed and chilled out now? Missed you on the ride last week, hope to get out together soon, though the Moonwalk beckons...scary!! See you soon, Beth xx

    ReplyDelete